~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Friday, March 14, 2014

So How long has it been?

While I was talking to my best friend this morning, she told me she went to my blog last week and was surprised that I sort of stopped updating. She was telling me I should start working on my blog again as a hobby on the side. Today, being the weekend in Saudi Arabia, after a busy morning and afternoon, I suddenly remembered her suggestion, and now here I am, typing away.

In terms of updates on my life, well I was in Saudi last year for quite a few months but had to go back to home because of visa issues. Right now I am back in Saudi, but with a different company, and so far no visa issues or problems, which of course is great news to me. To be quite honest, I am just happy to be legally working on foreign land. If you wonder what I do, well, I am a ESL teacher. I teach at a local school. However, given my lack of good grammar habits, I sometimes wonder how I got the job. Not to mention my terrible typos. I will say this though, the constant typos are not my fault. I blame my phone, them touch screens are not typing friendly.

If you are wondering what life is like in Saudi Arabia, I can say that everyone has a different perspective. If you are a out-going party-loving gal, it might not be the best place for you given the lack of proper social life. I mean not that you wont get socialized, but not at the degree you'd want to. Not to mention there is zero alcohol in the country because it is against the Saudi law to drink, also if you've been reading the news you'd know women cannot drive here. The not driving part doesn't bother me because I dont know how to drive, but I can see it is troublesome for a lot of women expats here. I will however complain about their lack of public transportation....well since there is none....like non-existing period. I am the type who like to wonder around a city exploring while taking public transportation, but I cant do that here. If I want to go anywhere that is remotely far, I will have to hail a taxi.

I could go on and on about the negative side of Saudi, but the truth is, while it might not be the happiest place on earth, but it does have its own charm in a weird twist way. In my honest opinion, life in Saudi is what you make of it, and also if you are like me, who like to stay in and play computer games all the time, and refuse to get a tan---in other words, super boring and nerdy/geeky, then it might not be too bad. After all, working here for a few years is enough to get you that start up fund you need for whatever you want to do in life. That alone is enough to keep me here.

Anyways, I think I'm going to stop for now before this wall of text gets any bigger. I guess from now on, If i remember I will try to update my blog more often, and maybe post more beauty/fashion/life-style post along the way...You know, if I'm not too busy with work, and if the internet god smiles upon me with consistent connection.

Until next time.



Wishing Everyone the Best,
Jessy

2 comments:

mizzsandychau said...

omgggg how long has it been?! i was wondering how you were in Saudi, that was the last time i ready your post, when you said you were going there to teach. Must be a lovely experience, please post some pictures.
I actually really want to go volunteer on a two week program to Haiti and helps teach kids, build houses and provide food. i think it will be a good experience to get out of my own comfort bubble. i just have toget over my fears of being ina foreign palce by myself for the first time, the bugs, sanitary issues. reading about that program, i realized how spoiled i've been all my life

Jo said...

Hi Jessy! I'm so thrilled when I see my reading list appearing on my blogger dashboard. There was a long period of time when the reading list was removed and then these blog updates gets flashed on and off. I've stopped visiting many blogs because of the removal of the blogger reading list and also because of the lack of time, I tend to only return visits to people who leave me comments.

I'm glad to hear that you're adjusting well in Saudi Arabia. Not being allowed to drive yet not having an efficient public transport system really baffles me. I don't think I would be able to survive there for long so kudos to you for being able to!

BTW, I'm holding my 2nd blog giveaway and I'm inviting you, my lovely blog friend to join. There are Kimmidoll, L'Occitane, Crabtree n Evelyn and Fleurfaerie stuff to be won. Feel free to check it out and participate if keen. Have a lovely Sunday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...