~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Friday, March 29, 2013

Anxiety, Worries...Is Saudi Arabia a good Idea?

My plane to Saudi Arabia is tomorrow. After a day of trying to reach the person who is going to pick me up, I finally got a hold of him today. I've packed everything except tooth brush because I still need to brush my teeth tonight and tomorrow. Am I ready? I don't know, as I am typing right now my hands and feet are sweating like there is not tomorrow. I guess you can say that while I know for practicality's sake I am doing the right thing. However, the child in me is panicking, while my expectation of my experience is very low because of various source I've read with regard of the company I'm going to be working form, as long as I get a clean room with no roaches and mice I will not complain.

I read and researched about the country as well as the religion of Islam. I would like to think that I am prepared for what to come. As we know, however, real life is never the same as what you read in the books, and nothing can prepare you enough for the real deal. I am just very anxious. I have to keep telling myself that everything is going to be okay. I am going to have a great time, because if I tell myself otherwise, I think I'm going to break down and cry.

Also the whole packing thing has been driving me crazy. Since I don't know if I'm going there for 3 months first or staying there for a whole year, packing for this trip has been nothing but troublesome for me. If I know for sure how long the trip is going to be, it would make things alot easier. Since there are uncertainties, I am packing as if I'll be there for a whole year. I keep thinking that my luggage are going to be over-weight, but my parents and the hubby said i'll be fine, I mean the worst could happen is that I have to pay an extra 50 dollars...

Anyways I just feel that my life is about to change, and I have no control over it, and it is really freaking me out. I hope that I made the right decision of taking up this job offer, and everything there will go smoothly with as little trouble as possible. I mean like i said, at this point my expectation of the company is so low that unless my living condition is so bad and dirty, I think I am willing to work there for a whole year, or at least suck it up for a whole year...Who knows, maybe after living on my own there for a long period of time I'll become a great cook...well here's to hoping...

Thank you for reading




As always, with Lotsa luv and XoXo.
J.

2 comments:

Jo said...

It's been sometime since I came to this little space of yours and I realised coz you went on a hiatus. Do you still remember me? haha

That's quite a major change in your life. I read your previous blog entry too. You are very brave to accept this job and accepting all the huge changes in your life all alone. What would you be working as now? It sounds really challenging and would you still be updating when you are over there?

Hollie said...

I do hope and pray you'll be fine there. It's just that I've heard so many bad experiences from some acquaintances who used to work there. Just stay safe and stay covered. and I really mean that! Don't show off your legs, and look as simple/plaine as much as possible so that you won't attract saudi men.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...