~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Crazy allergies rant part 1

Since it is Sunday afternoon-ish, I figure I'd share my allergy experience. About 2 weeks ago, I had a huge allergy reaction. It was a lot worse than the one i had about year ago. The funny thing is, these two episode are almost exactly one year apart. However, the allergens that caused my allergies on both occasions are different. Last year it was caused by a type of herb/plants known as fennel. Fennel is commonly used in cooking, and when my mom made fennel dumplings for the first time in 11 years, BOOM allergy for me. To be honest, fennel actually does taste pretty good, it has a very special aroma/taste to it, it is very sad that I can't eat it.
If you guys are wondering how does fennel looks like here is a picture:
Looks healthy right? Not to me.
The good thing about my allergy situation last year was I only needed to take Benadryl for the MASSIVE ITCHING HIVES...and let me tell you, it was a horrible experience. I've always known that I have allergy prone, easily irritable skin. However, to see myself covered in hives from head to toe was and still is very traumatizing to me. The itching was the worse part, I couldn't scratch my skin, but it felt like my skin was on fire with non-stop itching. With the help of Benadryl, my symptoms were controlled well. Well it took longer for all symptoms to go away, but by the 5th day, it wasn't bothering me much anymore. I thought it was the end of that, and truth be told, I didn't think it would happen again.

About 3 weeks ago I actually had my wisdom tooth taken out, and my dentist put on a rather strong antibiotic. I was on it for 7 days, and nothing happened. Three days after i finished my antibiotic, BOOM, it was allergy all over again. This time it was a lot worse. Last year it took the allergen a whole 12 hours to cover me on hives, this time, it only took about 30 minutes. Before I know it, I was covered head to toe in rash(not hives) this time.

And before i continue any further with my rant, let me just say, HAVING ALLERGY IS ONE SOB HEALTH CONCERN. Like seriously, why...why allergies...I already have other potential health problems awaiting for me when I get older(something runs in family). Now i have to worry about this??? Like are you kidding me. The frustrating thing is, when I went to the allergist office last year, he did a skin test on me, and my skin didn't react to anything. And it's not just these big serious allergy that piss me off, there are those smaller ones too. Like I break out for weeks after seafood; when it's its time for season change, boom my back itches, and my skin goes haywire; touched some new make up at Sephora, boom my fingers are itching sausages. And trust me, there are more than just those three, but it is the little thing that really gets on my nerves. I can't do a lot of the stuff my friends can do because I have to be extra careful, like seriously, that's BS.

Anyways, back to my recent allergy episode, as it turns out I was allergic to the antibiotic my dentist gave me. Apparently, it is very common to have allergy symptoms long after you finish your prescriptions. This time it was much more serious than last time, when I took Benadryl, the only thing that went away was the itching, but the rash kept on getting worse. Last year, the hives went away after I took Benadryl. The doctor told me she had to put me on a steroid so the rash/swelling won't affect my breathing. Even then it wasn't until three days after I was on steroid that the symptoms got better.Sometimes the itching was so bad that it was very difficult for me to fall asleep....like having allergy is just a bitch...

FYI you are wondering how bad it is here is a picture of my face when it was still very bad
I wished I could smile, but I was very pissed off
Pretty bad huh....It was much worse when people saw me in person...on the worst day, even my lids were swelling to no end, and OMG it was so hard not to scratch myself, but at the same time it was so itchy. Even my scalp was itching like crazy....Also this allergy made my skin so dry that you'd think I don't drink water. Anyways I'm gonna stop now, since I know this post is getting a bit too long and too wordy...

Gonna rant more next time...I mean I have to express my anger somewhere.




As always, with Lotsa luv and XoXo.
J.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...