~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Circle Lens Review - Geo Big Grang Grang Brown

Hi guys, I am writing a Circle Lens review today. They are the Geo Big Grang Grang Brown. I've got them from shoppingholics.com. I did recieve these lens for review purposes, but i promise you guys that my opinions are honest, and not influenced in anyway. Being said that, I have to say that even before shoppingholics.com contacted me, I've bought circle lens from them a few times b4. I've even made a post about it once (you can read that here). So believe me when I say that I do really like the site, not only is it easy to navigate and to find what you are looking for, but i luv the fact that they offer competitive pricing, with free shipping(with tracking number) world wide for any purchase over 50 USD. The shipping took about 2 weeks/20 working days, it isn't terribly long considering they are based in Malaysia.

If you are into circle lens, then you'd probably noticed that Geo Medical recently came out with a new design the Grang Grang. The style came in 2 colours, and 2 size for each colour.
Here is the official e-poster:
Since i really like the Neo Cosmo Queen Hazel, which is a light brown/red-ish colour, i thought i'd try the Big Grang Grang Brown. 

The Details of the products are:
Origin: Korea.
Diameter: 15mm(its Huge)
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.7mm
Life span: 1 Year.

When it arrived, i like how it is packed nicely, thus no damage done during the trip. I also like the fact that Shoppingholics.come always sends out a little thank you card, which I thought add a personal touch to the whole transaction.
here is how the package came
Underneath of bubble wraps are my Geo Big Grang Grang Brown in Perfect Condition
My Initial reaction when i saw the lens was" WOW, they are big
I'm not kidding, they are big, but whats up with the "B" print?
The colour is a very nice honey light brown. With a nice Darker brown rim. I am very happy with the design, and I really like the colour, it's not the typical "Brown" circle lens you'd see from alot of other brands. The fact that it is multi-coloured, when you put it into your eyes, it doesn't look "dead doll-ish", and no crazy lizard eye effects that some other brands unfortunately have.
Still bug-out by the "B" Prints...

I guess you can tell that i am bug by the "B" prints on the lens...I mean i don't see why a company has to print out letter onto their lens...at least it is small, and almost unoticeable.

Here are how the lens look like when I am wearing it. I have to say for the most accurate colour representation out of all 4 has to be the Flash Photography one. When you put the lens on, it has that honey brown look. As you can see from the last picture, the lens is huge, compare with my Naked eyes..lol


here are some more Close up for you guys to see:
Close Up 1
Close up 2, see what i meant by Honet, the colour is so pretty.
So Here is my Review:
Enlargement: These lenses are big, in fact they are 15mm, which I think it's the biggest on the market right now(correct me if i am wrong). They will without a doubt enlarge your eyes like crazy. Nevertheless, I dont think it is big in the way that it will creep people out, which is always a plus. In this department, I have no complains. The only minor problem i have with this pair of lens is that, since it is big, it was bit hard to insert it to my eyes...So if you are not familiar with circle lenses, you'll need a bit more effort and practice of putting them on.
Comfort: To my surprise, these lens are very comfortable. I mean much more comfortable than my other pairs of Geo lens. I think it is because the lens feels thinner, where as the Geo Princess Mimi and Cafe Mimi are thicker in texture. When I put them in, I can hardly notice they are there considering their 15mm diameter. The downside to the comfort level is that, this particular pair lenses get dry super fast. Within 2 hours you'll start to notice they are starting to get dry, and you'll need eyedrops. So my recommendation is that don't wear them for too long, if you have to, have eye drops handy.
Colour: I got the colour in Brown, which is lighter than the Grang Grang Choco. I have no complains when it comes to the colour or the design, i think its natural and it's very pretty. The only icky thing is the "mysterious" "b" print on both lenses. However, when you are actually wearing the lenses, they are not noticeable at all.

So here is my Final Verdict:
Enlargement: 8/10(I'd give it 10 if it was easier to put in..lol)
Comfort: 7/10(While you can hardly feel them, i dont like the fact that they get dry too fast)
Colour/Design: 9/10 (It would be "oh so perfect" if there is no mysterious B prints O_O)

Okay One more Camwhore picture, then I'm done ^v^


I hope you guys enjoy this post, if you have any questions please let me know down in the comment section, i will answer them as soon as i can. In the mean time i hope you guys have a great week ahead



As Always, with Lotsa Luv and XOXO
J.

16 comments:

Amyboo said...

Grang grang looks beeeeaaaautiful on you! Love the eye makeup too. :) I really want to get grang grang next, but I'm not sure yet! Haha!

Mimi said...

You look so pretty in that lens! I want to try them now:)

Jen★彡 said...

You look gorgeous! :) I love these lenses on you!

Tifa said...

Eww your right, the "B" print on the lense is so unnecessary. :X

Beautiful colour as you said!

I enjoyed this post, I love the blue eyeliner at the bottom btw. ;)

mizzsandychau said...

ooo i like, they look really natural

Janet said...

ohmy, its so natural yet it really enhances your eyes! really gorgeous! ^_^~

Maplelens said...

Nice Grang Grang!

We are running a free circle lens giveaway contest.
Perhaps you can check it out. it's FREE ;)

Circle lens giveaway >> http://woobox.com/v2frgn <<

Thanks!
MapleLens
p/s: Hopes my message is not annoying

Sienny said...

i like it!!

Tulip Love said...

The light honey colour is SO pretty! And I like how it didn't look unnatural too~
Ah, but too bad it feels dry very quickly!
Thanks for the review ^^

HitomiNeko said...

pretty! n i think it goes perfect with the lower lash eyeliner/shadow thing you did ! <3

xoxo HitomiNeko xoox
http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

wifluvelle said...

i have wore 16mm b4 hehe but urs look great!

xoxo elle

Rinny said...

These look so cute on you! 15mm is too big IMO, but they look quite natural on you despite the large diameter. The color is very pretty too :)

I think they imprinted the B on the lens so you know if you have the lens inside out? They imprint 123 on regular contact lenses for that same purpose, but it's weird because it's normally printed on both lenses, not just 1.

drinkcitra said...

These look amazing on you!

Stacey said...

These lenses do look huge, but you pull it off so well! Love the blue/teal eye makeup too, very pretty!

CookieCat said...

wow they look soo cute :3 can´t wait to get my first geo lenses :)

Sanne said...

They look so cute on you :) I really like your blog! It's very lovely, follow you now! :)

xxx
dutch-beauty.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...