~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Product Review: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

I know im very late on the bandwagon of the Maybelline Fit Me foundations, but when i was at NYC last month, i finally caved in and bought it. It was the first time that i've bought drugstore foundation, and even though most reviews for the Fit Me foundation were positive, i wasn't sure if it was going to work for me, since i have very serious allergy towards some ingredient found in most sunblock/sunscreen. As it turns out, i had no allergy reaction from the foundation. which was good news to me, and after a few uses, i thought i'll write a review for it, and hopefully some of you guys can find it helpful.

that is the Foundation.
I bought both 125 and 210, and as it turns out, both colours don't really match my skin  perfectly. 210 is too dark, and the undertone of 125 is more pink than beige which doesn't work that well with my skin colour. However with a little bit of powder, blush and bronzer, I could make both colours work for me...It's just that unlike my MUFE and Laniege Foundation, there are extra steps that I have to do to make sure these two colours look natural on me.

I think what most people look for in a foundation is the coverage, and the best way to show it to you guys is through pictures
So here it is
If you wanna see bigger picture just click it
For the sake of the accuracy of the review I didn't retouch these photos in anyway, this way you guys can really see how the coverage is for the Fit Me Foundation.


So here are some info on the Fit Me foundation:
  1. On the Official website it claims and i quote: "FLAWLESS LETS THE REAL YOU COME THROUGH  BEYOND MATCHING: FRESH, BREATHING, NATURAL SKIN."
  2. It has Spf 18
  3. Claim to have light to Medium Coverage.
  4. There are 18 shades to choose from.
  5. Retail in Canada range from 5-9 dollars depends on different retail locations
Here is what my Thoughts are on The Fit Me Foundation.
Pros:
  1. It is relatively reasonably priced
  2. there are 18 shades, so more people can find their colour
  3. Easy to find, available in most drugstore location.
  4. Decent coverage if you don't have serious acne/skin problems
  5. It does have spf, so it give you some kind of protection of UV
Cons:
  1. It has no pump, so it's harder to control how much product to pour out each time.
  2. Because it has no pump, it is less hygienic.
  3. Good for Dry skin, but not that good if you have combination/oily skin
  4. It has a very strong fragrant scent, may not be pleasant to most people
  5. Doesn't last very long, at most for me was 4-5ish hour.  
For me, I wouldn't repurchase this foundation. I dislike fragrant scent in most product, especailly one that has a very strong scent. While is coverage is buildable, the finish is very dewy. I already have combination/sensitive skin, so on my skin it looks like i put oil on, and i had to use powder to mattify my face, which at the end makes it look like i have powder face...Now if you have dry skin, i think you might potentially like this foundation, because the finish is VERY dewy..like Super Dewy. I dislike the fact that the opening has no pump, and I am very clumsy, so it is very easy for me to pour too much product out and make a mess. However, i do think for the price, especially if you get it on sale for 5 dollars(which i did), it is definitely good foundation. If you are on a budget and need a decent foundation, this could potentially work well for you. I also really like the shape of the bottle, it is not very filmsy like some other drugstore foundations I've seen. I like the fact that it is made of glass and not plastic, feels more sleek and less cheap.

So my scores for the Maybelline Fit me Foundation are:
Packaging: 5/10 (Sorry, no pump is a big minus in my book)
Coverage: 6/10 (It's decent, but i've had way better ones)
Finish: 4/10 (I just don't like Super dewy finishes)
Overall: 6/10
Would I repurchase? NO

So that is my review of the Maybelline Fit me Foundation, i hope you guys enjoyed this post, and some of you find this helpful...keep in mind that everyone's skin is different, so just because this foundation didn't work for me doesn't mean it can't work wonders for you. If you guys have any questions please let me know down in the comment section i will get back at you as soon as i can.

I hope you guys enjoyed this, and i will Blog again very soon




as always, with lotsa luv and xoxo
J.

9 comments:

Dilan Dilir said...

I lately don+t use foundations anymore, BB creams are much better for my skin :D thanks for the review dear!

Mimi said...

I haven't use a full face foundation in a long time! I love the packaging of this foundation when it came out but when I know that it doesn't come with a pump, I never consider buying this:)

Nana said...

I think this is pretty cool! : D : D I have not used foundation for a while now!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Nice review! I'm sorry you didn't like the foundation :/ i hate the ones without the pump!

Amyboo said...

Aw too bad it didn't work for you! :( I have oily/combo skin so dewy in small amounts is nice, but dewy in super amounts is aggggghghghh!!!

Janet said...

Nice review! But I think the finish is really good on you =)

drinkcitra said...

Great review! Yea, no pump for me is a no go as well :)

Popblush said...

Great review hun! Most of the reviews I have read say that they wont repurchase similarly to your point in that it does not last. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you either!

Sophie said...

I love this foundation! I find it works really well for me. I did a post about it if you would like to check it out? Great post by the way!

http://luckybeauty07.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/maybelline-fit-me-foundation-liquid.html

Sophie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...