~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Look of the Day - How to Look good for less..and yes i am a terrible blogger...

Happy B-lated new year to all my readers...I know i've being a very bad blogger since my last post was like mid-december...but i was pretty busy during the holiday season. I wanted to do a holiday look, but there were videos and blog post of those like everywhere, so i kinda pass on that idea. But i do hope that y'all had a great holiday season...and wish y'all have a wonderful year ahead


I don't know about you guys, i've went over my budget over the holidays, since there were alot of good sales...so being totally broke, i thought i'd do a look that is very budget friendly... Personally, i've being very into neutral looks recently. I guess with the winter season neutrals are better options than vibrant colours...They requires less products and less efforts in my opinion. 


so here is the look that I came up with:
You Like???
Here is the Close up:
Eyes Open
Eyes Closed
With Flash


So ya, as you guys can see, it is a very understated, everyday, neutral look...the products that i used to create this look are very cheap, and easily obtainable..it's mainly drug store make up.

Here is what i used:
 
Make up Palette from Clairs(Click to see Swatch)
E.L.F. Studio Line Blushes in Pink Passion and Gotta Glow
Bath and Body work Lipgloss in Strawberry
Maybelline Mousse blush in Pink Frosting
Sephora Brand Flashy Liner Waterproof in Deep Black
Maybelline illegal Length Mascara (not shown)

All of these products cost less than 10 dollars. And chances are you probably have similar products in your make up drawer... Personally i like this look since again because i've being very into neutral recently. Also if you are a student on a budget, or just started to put on make up, you don't need to spent a fortune on high end products...

Now im not saying the quality of these are just as good as high end make up..they are not..
for example the mousse blush is very sheer, the clairs palettes are very powdery and not very pigmented. But nevertheless, they are still good products. My point is, there are alot of ways that you can make yourself look better more polished that doesn't require tons of money...For example, even though i luv Dior Show Mascara and YSL volume effet faux cils, but spend 30+ on a item that i can't use for no more than 6 months is insane amount of money...where as maybelline mascaras are just as good, for a fraction of the price...To be honest i havent bought any high-end mascara in over like 2years now...Well they are good, i just don't think spending that much money on product that expired in 6 months is worth it.

Anyways i am not preaching you guys, so please don't take it the wrong way, but if there are ways that you can look good for less I think it is a way better options than spending more and not look that much better..Right?


Anyways, I hope guys like this look and my little honest opinion, I hope it helps you in your future purchases, and hopefully saves you some money..


 
As always with Lotsa Luv and XOXO.J.
 

19 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

Look good for less? Count me in. I'm always a bargainista. And yes, you do look goog :O)

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Segments of Life said...

I missed your posts! Happy new year to you too. I love the understated, pretty look, created by inexpensive products. This is no exception. You look like a doll :)

Amyboo said...

Looove the eyes. :) Claire's palettes are quite nice even if they fade quickly!

I know what you mean by broke...First Black Friday and then after Christmas sales! Craziness! Who can possibly resist how good they are?! Lol~

I agree with you definitely. Makeup doesn't always need to be expensive to look good. I haven't bought a single product that costs more than $20 except for the NAKED palette LOL!

Bárbara ^^, said...

Such pretty eyes! Loved it!

Xoxo
Bárbara
http://betty-nails.blogspot.com/

Locke said...

happy new year J! love the look :D

petitechouxx said...

pretty eyes! i tried high end products, but i prefer products from drugstore. you are right! They are much better =) less expensive and more effective ^^

Vale ♥ said...

You look fantastic :) and I like your gloss very much, what a beautiful color ! Nice blog, I'd be happy if we followed each other and anyway I wanna invite you to my romwe giveaway ;) Kisses


Fashion and Cookies
Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
Follow me on Bloglovin
My Twitter

KaitLin Kat said...

loooveeeeee the eye makeup!!
ur gorgeous! :)

mizzsandychau said...

love love loveeeee your eyes!

J00CiiEx said...

very pretty. I've never tried claires make up products before.

Tifa said...

You look soo pretty !! :) Love the make up. I especially like your lip colour. Hehe :)! Nice blog! I really enjoy it :)

sharon lei said...

Lovin' the look, hun!! So pretty. :)

xx Love & Aloha

HAUNTED-FASHION said...

Great post girl

x

Amy said...

Beautiful look! I agree with you on the mascara issue. I used to use Lancome mascaras until I ran out, but my mom gave them to me since they were the free sample ones from her face cleanser purchases. They're really nice to use, but so expensive! Now, I just use Maybelline mascara since they do almost the same trick for a fraction of the cost!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Soo pretty! I'm down with anything that is cheaper and just as effective. XD

Hope you had a happy new year!

HitomiNeko said...

Nice! The palettes look really pretty~ I shall check them out ^^

just to let you know that i tagged you in 2 Awards!!

Have a nice weekend ^^

xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo
http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

ThisIsAlx said...

I love elf!!! But shipping rates it's so bad lol I wish I can go to the states! I heard a target will open near my house in so freaking happy!!! Hope the prices are amazing ^^ hehe

P.s awww I was gonna gift h a mini Xmas gift when we were suppose to meet up sad we couldn't in the end :(.
Yea unhappy about graduating but having big headache when I don't know wat to do after LOL

Alx

Rinny said...

You look really pretty! I like how you created the entire look with just drugstore products - you are right that you don't have to spend a lot of money on high end makeup to achieve the same results. Recently I've been buying almost nothing but drugstore brands like WnW and NYX :)

Diane said...

how i miss looking at your lovely photos! you look so pretttyy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...