~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dining in Toronto - Sweets and Macaroons MoRoCo Chocolat (BAD Review)

Now, being a girl I have a thing for sweets...A couple weeks back i was searching for a place for High Tea in Toronto since i've never being, and wanted(still want) to go with my Bestie once she is back from HK. While i was google searching "High-Tea In Toronto" a Place called "MoRoCo Chocolat" came up...and the website looks pretty fancy...so i went there today early at 11:30-ish...While i didn't do High-Tea, i did however bought a box of Macaroons($15), and a small box of a Lemon Peel in Dark Chocolate($14)...
They looks too cute to eat...lol
I like the Patio and the Logo
I thought the Design of the Bag is nice, although it did cost me an extra Dollar

While the sweets are very appetizing, especially the Lemon Peels(i didn't take any pictures of it). I find the Macaroons to be overwhelmingly sweet...the only one that has some sorta flavor to it other than being sweet was the Rhasberry one...everything else just taste like sugar to me...Well i do understand Macaroons are supposed to be eaten with a cup of tea or coffee, but still....they were kinda too sweet...so at best i guess their Macaroons are mediocre...

What I didn't like more than the Too Sweet Macaroons were the service...I mean i get it, its early in the morning, you guys are still preparing for opening...but with 4 people inside the small store and with 2 more for the cafe area, i was in the shop for 10 mins before anyone even said hi to me...letting alone offered assistant...Seriously I get better service in Godiva than in there...i mean i get it you have package your chocolate truffles...but would it kill you to greet your customer...I don't think im a bitchy customer, but there are certain standards to any shop...when i was working for a large international retail chain, company policy states a customer must be greeted with 10 sec. I mean where is the hospitality of the shop...i mean sure i didn't spend 45 dollars at your breakfast, but i spend 30 bucks buying your chocolate the least you can do is give me a Damn Smile...and i didn't even get that...and when i was at the cash register, the girl scoffed at me for wanting to pay for a 1 dollar Gift Bag, because i wanted a plastic one first...like seriously...i payed to get served, not to get scoffed at....

So on a scale of 10...i give MoRoCo Chocolat 5...Mainly because their Service Sucks, and the Macaroons were very Mediocre, the only thing i liked was the Lemon peel which cost 14 dollars...Seriously, if you just want better chocolate...you are better off at Godiva, at least the staff is Much more Friendlier.

So would i recommend this place to anyone??? Hell to the NO!!!!!...I mean i don't care how great your products are(which in this case weren't even that good to start with), I refused to go to any place when the service is horrible...i don't think im being picky or bitchy...but as a payed customer, i expect at least standard service as those who works at Wal-mart/Mickey D....i mean for a boutique chocolate shop....MoRoCo Chocolate in Toronto Really SUCKED...like Big time...


anyways, this concludes my review of MoRoCo Chocolat in Toronto Yorkville Area....although it's more like a rant....but i hate, and i do mean hate bad customer service...it is the one thing that i cannot stand for the life of me....
if you had a different experience from the place, i'd love to know....or if you are treated the same...well i can you can join my club of not going there...lol

I hope you guys have a great weekend...



As always with Lotsa Luv and XOXO.J.

22 comments:

mimi said...

wow the macarons look delicious but the service sounds horrible!~ ): & the products seem a little overpriced too >< poor jessy~ ): It's okay! You never have to go there again~ ^^ hehe

Yami said...

Wow what terrible customer service. When I was working as a cashier, greeting customers was a MUST! Not only for being a good worker, but you should do it to be friendly to others.
Thanks for the honest review hun :D

DeyiMizu said...

The macaroons are tasty! The service is just horrible! I wouldn't come back to a place where they treat customer like trash!

Miss Independent said...

i love macarons!!! they look so pretty and yummy at the same time!

PHUJU★ふ said...

Looks so good I feel like some now!! >_<
Too bad the service was bad. :/

Michelle said...

:( it's too bad about their service, macaroons are so yummy! ^^

Amalia J said...

Man I knew I was in for a treat when it said BAD review- when you say bad, you mean it!! So sorry you had to go through that BS but thanks for sharing!!

Jo said...

Jessy gurl! Good job at shaming those who deserved it! I'm one who isn't too nitpicky too but I simply can't stand bad service and no you're not a bitchy customer.

CookingChinchillas said...

Bad service is always a huge bummer.I don't tip the girl/dude when they ignore me.If you go in a shop and pay for your food/beverages you can expect some sort of friendliness from the staff.
My last visit at Applebees was funny:It was hot outside but as a smoker I have to sit outside.The server didn't even refill our drinks because she didn't want to be outside in the heat,she didn't clear the table when we were done with our food.And then she even asked why we didn't tip her well enough......

After Dreams said...

i have never ate one of those cupcakes :( ♥

http://be-afterdreams.blogspot.com/

Diane said...

Oh looks yummy.. but sad about the bad service =(

Diane said...

btw, i tweeted.. finally found you on twitter.

sugar sugar said...

the packaging reminds me of etude house's paper bag LOL! bad service does suck. :( i hope you find a better place to purchase pastries next time!

petitechouxx said...

what a terrible service! i would slap at the cashier face for scoffing at you =.=

Haze said...

Horrible CS tend to always ruin the whole experience. I wanted those Macaroons for so long and was excited to see them at Moroco but after your review I think I would rather spend my money on Nadege.

phey s said...

oh no! Thanks for the heads up, I'll stay away from them. he he he

Stevia said...

ugh I totally hate stores that have unkind staff!!
even when the food is not tasty at all, when all the waiter and waitress are all so smiley and kind and respond to any request (more napkin, another set of spoon and fork) in a fast way and STILL SMILING.. I would come back for sure!
agree?

<3
http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

Sick by Trend said...

love macarons!!!!! :D

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Andrea said...

yummy macarons..i have never tried them but they look so cute haha :D

Victoria said...

I was planning to go try out Moroco.
After reading your rant, probably not.
I think I'll go google another high tea place in Toronto instead...

lifeisamaze said...

MACAROONS <3 !

Peiji said...

yum macarons, I've never heard of Moroco
you should check out Nadege in Toronto :)
they're known to have one of the best macarons!
my cousins uncle is a pastry chef and I remember
eating one of the first macarons he made, they
weren't too sweet and was pretty good :) if only
I knew where he worked! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...