~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A kinda failed attempted at Katy Perry's 80s Inspired Look From "Last Friday Night"

So ya i was thinking of doing the look from Katy Perry's Look from last friday night, which was very 80's inspired.

Here is how she looks like:
Click to see large pictures
So basically its Blue and Pink on Upper lids with blue on lower lashline, with glitter on both lower lashline and upper lids voluminous lashes with fin frosty lips and pinky cheeks

Here How i look
maybe its the brows???
The lighting outside was very bright, but my cheeks were alot pigmented than this, but i think i got the blue/pink shadow part right, but somehow it just doesn't look right to me~~~and i wore 2 pairs of falsies too, lol, still i just dont think it looks right...Like something is off/missing(other than the fact that she is white and im asian) maybe its my hair??? or i dont have braces???i dont know, I'd love some suggestions so I can do a 2.0 of this look~~~

anyways here is what i used:
Eye: 
Pop Neon Lids Palette
Blue eye palette from an Asian Site
Black Eyeliner
Crystal glitter Liner from Sephora
Face:
NYX cream Blush in Hot Pink
Lips:
MAC impassioned Lipstick
MAC Super Glass in Super Flash
NYX Round Gloss in Ballerina Pink
Lens:
GEO Nudy Grey
Falsies:
Cris-Cross one from HK

Speaking of the falsies, KKCentreHk is Kind enough to send me another 2 boxes of their lashes Im using Glamour Short Black False Lashes(A89) in this look, it is a bit short that why i used another pair then this one
here are the 2 boxes that i received:
i used the one on the left this time
Again i think the quality is not the best ive used, but they are fairly good, with the band abit stiff, but nothing too much to handle. these 2 a shorter, but good for a everyday look if you wanna pump up your lash volume a bit, quite natural actually. So i was sent ES A88 and ES A89. Again I wanna thank kkcenterhk, for sending me these Falsies.


Disclaimer: these products were sent to me for review purposes, however the opinions are my own, and 100% honest, and i receive no monetary compensation for my review. I am not affiliated with the fore mentioned company.



As always with Lotsa Luv and XOXO.J.

28 comments:

Mandy said...

I think you did a pretty good job! I would probably suggest strong eyebrows, a bit darker like hers... and maybe crimping & teasing the hair would help add to the "effect" of her whole look :-)

mizzsandychau said...

what are you talking about, your makeup looks amazing!
it has such a princess-y effect on your pale skin! love it

Vintage Makeup said...

I think you did great!

Savvy Gal said...

you look fab. i always envy gals who can apply faux lashes. it takes me forever.....

Amalia J said...

I love the makeup, great job! I especially like the cheeks and lips- fabulous! Agree on the hair thing, for sure, that would look much closer to hers.... but it doesnt look that easy to do!

Maryam Maquillage said...

you look sooo cute and anime! love it :)))

makeupbyjem said...

I love this you look great!

Meme said...

I think it looks awesome!

sugar sugar said...

i think you did a wonderful look! it suits you well and makes you pretty! <3

Miss Independent said...

i love ur rendition of the look! so fresh and pretty!

scarlet's walk said...

it looks nice though!

Glamorous Barbie ♥ said...

love your makeup

Chococcuro said...

I think you did an awesome job! You look much better than Katy in that pic anyway ;)

ChinaDoll said...

This is LOVE dear! You did an amazing job :) But it would be more amazing if the brows are a little bit darker...other than that its perfect! :)

♥hugs and be safe♥
chinadoll

HitomiNeko said...

OOo I think the looks is pretty good~ if it’s more pigmented in person like u said~ ^^ but yeah I think if u were having the same hair & the earrings then it’s a total look alike! ^^

xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo
Http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

Jolene said...

Comparing each feature one by one, upper lid, lower lid, lashes cheeks, you did everything exactly like hers but the whole look doesn’t seem quite the same. Ah! Could it be the braces smile? Katy Perry also looks naturally like a bimbo and you don’t. Haha... compliment to you but no offence to any KP fans here. I love bimbos.

Harija said...

looking stunning!

Neat post!


Enter My Lyfe ; My Story: Novica Giveaway

Enter My Lyfe ; My Story: Vedette Shapewear Giveaway (Only for USA readers)

My Lyfe ; My Story

@MyLyfeMyStory on twitter

Marilyn said...

thank you <3 you look pretty!
Marilyn

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

love a lot of neon colors and yes pink and blue! i always am fascinated with her impeccable skin. you look amazing and i love this look! be careful with the pink but your eyes really pop up

o0SerenityAngel0o said...

Are you crazy? It looks perfect on you! :) Very cute and it brings a lot of attention to your eyes :)

Jonna said...

Such a pretty look, and pretty girl! ♥

Jonna xx

Chiara said...

you look so pretty!

you did a great job!!

xoxo
chiara♥

petitechouxx said...

very cute!! you look like a fairy ^^

aisyah De Cullen said...

I think you nailed the eye makeup pretty well. Maybe its the brows, hair and a little bit of bronzer to top it off? =)

wosushi said...

I'll be honest, I think you look better than Katy Perry!

I'm horrible at doing my makeup. I need some tips :)

wifluvelle said...

omg u got neon palette! i lust for that in ages! the most pigmented e/s in the market! i hearts popbeauty, i got the day to class palette, but neon palette is the best ~!

xoxo elle

Soo said...

this isn't a fail! you did a great job :)

Christine Iversen said...

I think this looks so cute :)

Love Christine ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...