~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dining in Toronto - Hong Kong Bistro Cafe in Toronto China Town

Today i was out all day with my bestie and the hubby, b4 i met up with the bestie, me and the hubby were out to get lunch because we were sooo hungry~~~and we decide to go to Hong Kong Bistro Cafe(新香港餐廳) in Toronto China Town. For those of you who live in The GTA, some of you guys might heard of it, some of you might not, but it is a great Cha Chaan Teng(茶餐廳). It is still Chinese food, but with a western twist. This style of dinning originated from Hong Kong, and can be find all over the world where there are HK people..

Now if you are native Hker, i think you might really enjoy this place, since as the hubby(who is a native Hker) put it: pretty authentic compare with all the other Cha Chaan teng he tried. If you go During Lunch hour, they always have great special thats super affordable, and can fill you up quick~~~their dinner special menus is also good~~~i luv luv luv the Macau style baked chicken~~~not the best one i have(which was in HK), but the best one i had in North America for sure~~~~

Thats the place with address.
I tried to take pictures of the place outside, but i think google map does it better than my camera~~~lol...but i seriously recommend this place, their food is so so so yummy~~~

So here is what i order today, i ask for the Lunch special B: Grill Beef Tenderloin with mushroom sauce with Cream soup, and a Cold Coffe with Tea(Yuenyeung), and a French Toast~~~

My cream Soup

My entree with rice

My french Toast

part of their menu, they have many many more than this
So ya if you guys are in the area, and would luv some great tasting food, try this place out. this has being my go to place to eat in Chinatown for the past 4 years if i don't know what to eat..i always end up here~~~Now about what to order, if you are a native HKer i dont think you need me to tell you, but if you are unfamiliar with this style of restaurant (Cha Chaan Teng), please for the love of god don't order stuff like "fried rice", "Sweet Sour Pork" "Won Ton soup", or any typical Chinese dish you can get from any other Chinese restaurant...if you are there during lunch and dinner hour, try their special cuz usually thats what the chef are really good at making HK style western food~~~or you can try my favorite "Macau style baked Chicken" i luv luv luv that dish~~~~it didn't order it today cuz it wasnt on the special, and it doenst come with soup if order a full serving...

This place is really really good, i brought quite a few of my Frds who are Hker, they all love the place~~~so believe me when i say it is pretty authentic HK style diner~~~and you know, if you are tired of all the "Kung pao chicken" and stuff try this place out, it is really good~~~and I read alot of review of this place that is not very favorable....all i can say is if you order stuff like Sweet sour pork in a Hk cha chaan teng, you are really missing out on the good food that they are good at making~~~~





As always with Lotsa Luv and XOXO.J.

16 comments:

Carrie said...

I sometimes pass by that place but have never tried it! It looks like I'll have to try it the next time I'm in the downtown area because the french toast looks really good!

xo,
c

mimi said...

yummm the cream soup looks good (: I love creamy soups~ & LOL at the don't order the typical chinese food at chinese restaurants~ I agree! because many of them are not real real chinese food~

Amy said...

Mm, food ^_^ sounds good! Anyways, my friends taught me how to solve a Rubik's cube a few years back. It's actually not that difficult.

Chococcuro said...

Aww I want to move to Canada haha! Food in Australia isn't that great >.< I visited a few years ago to visit my bf's parents and we went to sooo many good restaurants :)

Mandy said...

What is macau-style baked chicken like? It *sounds* good... but I love anything chicken, haha!

petitechouxx said...

i miss toronto i haven't go for very long time! maybe 4 years old o__o

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Join the vintage give away on my blog if you like :)

www.givelivelovelife.com

sugar sugar said...

this post has totally made me hungry at 3:12 AM. i want to eat now! LOL! x)

Catmare said...

looks yummy! Suddenly feeling hungry =/

Nic Nic said...

thanks for the comment.

I personally miss authentic eggs tarts you cant get in japan. nice food shots!

Kristie said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm a total foodie so will certainly check out this restaurant when I visit Toronto.

mirjam schuurkamp! said...

yummie that looks delicious!
amazing:)

Thanks for always commenting honey!
really like that

NEW OUTFIT POST
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Shop N' Chomp said...

LOL...I love your blurb in blue. It's so true! The hubs and I love going for Afternoon Tea ("ha um cha") at the HK cafes here in L.A. =)

PopBlush said...

LOL @ "dont order stuff like sweet and sour pork" hahahaha
Oh~~~ the french toast looks so good!!

Pop Champagne said...

omg I've TOTALLY been there! that place on the left with the foot prints is where I get my cupping massage done. mmm seeing your food pics reminds me of how yummy that place is :D

you got a great blog btw, following you!

Marie said...

Mmmmmmm... this post made me hungry and miss HK!;D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...