~~~Welcome~~~

I just wanna say thank you for coming to my little corner on the internet. If you are a new reader, and you like what you see follow my blog for more wonderful things to come about anything from beauty related to the latest stuff thats happening to my life... And I hope you have a good day.

Followers

Monday, May 9, 2011

LOTD---RED LIPS

For a while now, ive being dying to do a red lip look, but i always had problem with what kind of make up should i wear with red lips. smokey eye? cat eye? very minimal? So i was googling pictures for inspirations, until i came across this picture:
For those of you who don't know who she is, her name is Fan BingBing, she is a Chinese actress. So ya I came across this picture of hers, that she is wearing red lipstick, with minimal eyeshadow, but thick and dark black eyeliner, and i though it looks nice on her, so I decide to try it out.
So here is the final look:
I thought i did an Okay job, i thicken my brows a bit, i did a very obvious cat eye using a gel-liner. Barely there cheeks, with dark brown and Dark Maroon eyeshadow the brown has a Satin finish, but the Maroon is matte finish. I didn't use lip-gloss, since i dont think it is necessary in this case, because the lipstick has enough shine imo.
here is the close up of the eye:

So ya i thought this look is actually wearable if you wanna dress up a bit during your daily make up routine...i mean if you are a minimalist, you can wear your daily browns with a thicker brow and a thicker cat eye-ish eyeliner, with red lips. now for daily wear, id recommend a softer and more sheer red than a intense one that way you are drawing attention to your lips, without being overly dramatic.
here are the products that i used:
  Eyes: 
Maybelline Gel Liner in Black
E.L.F one Dollar Quads in Matt Mauve
Mascara By Maybelline Colossal Volume express in Black (not Shown)
Sephora Brand Nano liner in White( not shown, but its matte no shimmer)
Cheek
MAC Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon
Lips:
Annabelle Lipliner in Cherry
NYC Lipstick in Retro Red

So tell me what you Guys think my look? do you like it??? is there anything i should've done better??? let me know~~
Hehe More camwhoring~~~lol

In the mean time i wish everyone a good week




As always with Lotsa Luv and XOXO.J.

51 comments:

Jane Alisa said...

Red lips suit you. xoxo

Star-Light said...

great post..you look fab!


http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

DeyiMizu said...

I think you did a great job, hun!! Red lip does suit you^^

Vintage Makeup said...

Red lips really suit you!

sugar sugar said...

very pretty! i think red lips suits you well! :)

CookingChinchillas said...

Very very pretty!The shade of the lipstick is amazing

Mandy said...

The first picture of you with the red lips looks great!

Shop N' Chomp said...

So pretty! *^_^*

Yami said...

Te eye look paired with the red lips looks fabulous. Love your choice of blush. I looove MAC Pink Swoon!!

adrienne said...

Dang, girl!! You look HOT :)
I'm loving the eyeliner too!

Miss Independent said...

love the red lips!

Ayu~Emma said...

you look gr8 with red lippy ^^

Amyboo said...

Oh goodness, you look GORGEOUS with that lip color! =) I'm trying to find a red shade myself that fits my skin tone.

Amyboo said...

Oh, you're right. I remember watching it...I should probably re-watch it! Lol! I like Michelle Phan; I'm always learning new things from her.

Aya said...

You look really nice with red lips! :D

AmysBeautyWorld said...

hi, thank you for your comment ^^

the red is really pretty on you, i really want to buy a good red lipstick too :P

xoxox
amy

Hazey said...

thanks for your comment! you have a great blog, and from Canada too :) Def following!

ps. the red lips suits you so well, love the eye make-up too.

xxo
http://iamheizl.blogspot.com/

Ramona said...

Hi, beautiful, You look amazing. I soo love your red lips look. So chic as well.

p.s. if You have couple minutes, please, visiti my blog and drop a line on my last post.


xoxo Ra

Amy said...

Thanks for the comment on my picture!

I think Fan BingBing is gorgeous! Especially in the Chinese drama 小鱼儿与花无缺 (Proud Twins/Handsome Siblings). Very cute drama.

The red lips suit you very well. I need to try this look one day, once I buy my own lipstick, hehe.

mirjam schuurkamp! said...

i love this lipstick on you girl!
very pretty bright color!

New outfit post, maybe you can take a look?
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

The red lips looks very cute on you! Love the color!

Kisses xoxo

Andrea Marie V said...

love the bold red lips on you. Beautiful pics!! Love your blog. I am now following :)

xo//Andrea Marie
http://peaceloveandreamarie.blogspot.com

Harija said...

love the red lips!
And I just realised that you are from Ontario , Canada.... me too !!

My Lyfe ; My Story

@MyLyfeMyStory on twitter

Chiara said...

i love your lips!!!!

you're so pretty!

i love mochi said...

wow, you're really good with make-up! love the red lips!

http://ilovemochi.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

i love the look of red lips! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Kym said...

You did great with the red lips Jessy! I've been a little afraid to try red lipstick b/c i already don't wear much makeup to begin with so suddenly wearing red might be too much! bbbbbbbbbut i do wanna try it soon.. and i do have red lipstick... sooooo... i guess i should. hehe!

Marie said...

You look great and red lips look lovely on you.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Kimberly said...

look great love the red lip!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Peiji said...

I like the red lip on you =]
I don't think I ever wore a red lip, except for
this one time... I was in a play for school =p
but if I were to wear a red lip, I would just
line my eyes and highlight =]

Maryam Maquillage said...

what a great look! I'm totally gonna try this one out!!! great blog, i'm now following :)) come by and check out my bloggy as well, thx!!

http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com

babybearcat said...

That red lippie looks stunning on you!!!!! I'm determined to do more with my lips... I'll have to try out this looK!

Quin of Vanity said...

woah. thanks for the comment girl. i am so lazy to review my haul lol. and oh. i love red lips on you, i adore red lippies, but i just dont look good on em. pft sad. and i will join the give away. ♥

Linhy said...

love the red lip sticks!! always classy looking

freyja said...

love it !

sphlovescosmetics said...

very pretty. i love this look on you.

Marie said...

Hi, Jessy!:D Me again.:D

The book review is up!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

mirjam schuurkamp! said...

i wait for a new post dear!
cant wait

NEW OUTFIT POST
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Pop Champagne said...

I love the red lips, you look hot :D

btw so nice to meet another canadian blogger!!

strawberry Princess said...

love it and you did a good job on it!

red suits you! too bad that I just don't look good in them.

http://thestrawberryprincess.blogspot.com/

Oh my Dior! said...

you look gorgeous with red lips!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

PopBlush said...

Such a gorgeous FOTD. Love the lips!

mirjam schuurkamp! said...

wait for a new post girl!


im sorry but blogspot have erased my new post, so again my post online.. Hope you can put a sweet comment again on my blog.

New/Old post, www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

XxX mirjam.

Mara said...

Oh my, Fan BingBing is gorgeous. You pulled off the red lips well. At first I thought you were wearing Mac's Cyndi lipstick. You should try NYC's lipstick in "sheer red" instead. It's alittle more pigmentated. :)

suki pooki said...

I think this is a great look! Cat eyes with red lipstick is really striking!!! =D I love the bold red too =) Definitely gives you a mysterious type of aura!

Keri said...

You look like a princess ^^

I awarded you with the Luxury Blog Award! Thank you for being you! <3

http://saranghaeyo21.blogspot.com/2011/05/luxury-blogger-award.html

Fashion Is Passion by Poison said...

I love Fan Bing Bing! Such a beauty! BTW, I'm your new follower. I love how you introduce your make -up...interesting! Check out my blog too! Follow mine if you wish to. Let's leave comments about our posts.

Thanks in advance.
Poison
fashionispassionbypoison.blogspot.com

Ginger said...

i love your girly heaven sweets. Great blog. The FOTD is great
xoxo from India

Ambra Beauty said...

Beatiful! *_*

Donna ♥ Baby said...

aww love this! you look beautiful with red lips :)

J00CiiEx said...

ohhh. i never tried red lipstick. i'm scared too bc i feel like i will not be able to pull it off -_- i have no balls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...